Hose range in accordance with “OCIMF Guide to Purchasing, Manufacturing and Testing of Loading and Discharge Hoses for Offshore Moorings, Fourth Edition – 1991”
EMSTEC provide a range of high quality, high performance, oil suction and discharge hoses, extensively used at offshore moorings throughout the world, which fully comply with the requirements of the “OCIMF Guide to Purchasing, Manufacturing and Testing of Loading and Discharge Hoses for Offshore Moorings, Fourth Edition – 1991”. The EMSTEC Loading & Discharge hoses are available with rated working pressures of 15 BAR, 19 BAR and 21 BAR or higher for special applications or specific client requirements. Two distinctive designs within the EMSTEC hose range are available:
• EMSTEC Single Carcass Hoses (21 Series) Floating, Submarine & Catenary Hoses
• EMSTEC Double Carcass Hoses (22 Series) Floating, Submarine & Canenary Hoses
The EMSTEC Single Carcass hose construction consists of three main elements; i) smooth bore elastomeric lining resistant to a variety of hydrocarbons, ii) a standard elastomer reinforced carcass with multi-layers of high tensile textile cords and embedded steel wire helix. iii) a fibre reinforced smooth elastomer cover, resistant to ageing, abrasion, weathering, sunlight, tearing oil and seawater penetration.
In addition to the standard hose carcass (commonly termed ‘primary’ carcass), EMSTEC Double Carcass hose incorporate an additional second carcass designed to contain any product escaping from the standard carcass as a result of a slow leak or sudden failure. An effective, robust and reliable, integrated leak detection and indication system is provided.
The EMSTEC Single Carcass and Double Carcass hose range includes hose construction for Floating, Submarine and Catenary applications, utilized in offloading installations worldwide EPS, MBM, SBM, CALM, SALM and Tandem Offloading.
• EMSTEC Single Carcass / Double Carcass Floating Hoses (utilized in high integrity surface installations
such as EPS, SBM, CALM, SALM offloading in addition to FPSO, FSO Tandem offloading configurations).
• EMSTEC Single Carcass / Double Carcass Submarine Hoses (utilized in high integrity sub-sea installations such as MBM, SBM, CALM, SALM configurations (i.e. Steep ‘S’, Lazy ‘S’, Chinese Lantern).
• EMSTEC Single Carcass / Double Carcass Catenary Hoses (utilized in high integrity offloading installations subject to high tensile loads such as FPSO, FSO tandem offloading to DP Shuttle Tankers (i.e. BLS, Reel, Chute, Cantilever hang-off arrangements).
The EMSTEC Single Carcass and Double Carcass hose range is complemented by a comprehensive range of Ancillary Equipment, recommended within “OCIMF SPM Hose Ancillary Equipment Guide” publication.
For additional information on specific hose types and applications, please refer to EMSTEC hose data sheets.
EMSTEC hoses fully comply with the requirements of the “OCIMF Guide to Purchasing, Manufacturing and Testing of Loading and Discharge Hoses for Offshore Moorings, Fourth Edition – 1991”.
EMSTEC hoses are designed and manufactured under a quality system in accordance with ISO 9001, and in compliance with Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) 97/23/EC module H (hoses carry CE marking as required).
Prototype Hose manufacture and testing witnessed and verified by Bureau Veritas (Certifying Authority) and GDC International(Industry Consultants).
View Emstec hose data sheets (PDF).
For more information please fill in the contact form, click here.